Shaping Competition Policy in the Era of Digitalisation
Thursday 17 January 2019, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CET; European Commission, Charlemagne Building, Rue de la Lot 170, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
- Competition, Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Platforms' Market Power
- Preserving Digital Innovation
- Margrethe Vestager, EU Competition Commissioner
- Mariya Gabriel, EU Commissioner for the Digital Economy & Society
- Jean Tirole, chairman of the Toulouse School of Economics, laureate of the 2014 Sveriges Riksbank prize in economic sciences in memory of Alfred Nobel
- Oliver Bäte, Chief Executive Officer of Allianz
- Heike Schweitzer, Professor of Law, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, and Special Adviser to Commissioner Vestager
- Jacques Crémer, researcher and former Professor of Economics at the Toulouse School of Economics, and Special Adviser to Commissioner Vestager
- Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye, Assistant Professor of Data Science, Imperial College, and Special Adviser to Commissioner Vestager
- Johannes Laitenberger, Director-General of the European Commission's Directorate-General for Competition
- Mariana Mazzucato, Professor in the Economics of Innovation and Public Value, University College London
- Karen Yeung, Interdisciplinary Professorial Fellow in Law, Ethics and Informatics, Birmingham Law School
- Fiona Scott Morton, Theodore Nierenberg Professor of Economics, Yale University School of Management
- John Van Reenen, Gordon Y. Billard Professor in Management and Economics and Professor of Applied Economics at the MIT Sloan School of Management and the MIT Department of Economics
- Alessandro Acquisti, Professor of Information Technology and Public Policy, PwC William W. Cooper Professor of Risk and Regulatory Innovation, Carnegie Mellon University
- Ariel Ezrachi, Slaughter and May Professor of Competition Law, University of Oxford
- Rupprecht Podszun, Professor of Law, Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf
- Sandeep Vaheesan, Policy Counsel, Open Markets Institute, Washington D.C.
The event will be live-streamed.
To read more, please click here.